This position has been filled. Thank you to all applicants who expressed interest!
Wanted! Talented Web Developer with a Zeal for Online!
There is now a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the team as our Web Developer. We are looking for someone who has experience and is seeking to really dive-in and progress their career in this area. Working as one of Zeal’s key players in the development team, you will be responsible for executing both client projects and internal work.
The role will involve:
- Developing websites, unsurprisingly! – Whether building from scratch or optimising/re-vamping existing client solutions. These will vary in scale, complexity and purpose: from standalone HTML sites, to e-commerce solutions targeting a global audience.
- Frontend and template generation – taking Photoshop designs, slicing images and transforming them into robust, valid XHTML and CSS templates.
- Utilising a number of platforms and content management systems, including WordPress, Joomla and Magento.
- On-going maintenance and development of existing client websites.
- Basic web server maintenance, backups and database management.
- Working with the SEO team to implement on-page search engine optimisation (SEO) best practices.
- Supporting Zeal’s internal operations, such as the website, email and I.T.
- Basic web design using packages such as Photoshop.
The candidate right for Zeal will:
- Be a “sociable geek” – you’ll definitely love all-things-Internet and know your way around the web. You’ll keep up-to-date on your interests through blogs, forums, social media and other Internet communities.
- Have an impressive skill set when it comes to web development. Things we need our web developer to know include:
- PHP, with a good understanding of object oriented programming
- Utilising content management systems for development, and on-going maintenance.
- LAMP configuration
- A working knowledge of design packages such as Photoshop
- Excellent understanding of I.T. in general
- Appreciation of usability
- Have some development experience. This could be from a previous commercial role, or through development projects you’ve been involved with.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO) and how to apply best practices to your development work.
- Have a good understanding of online marketing overall from both a creative and strategic perspective.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make a large impact – both on the company and their own career. As Zeal Media is a small team, it is essential to find someone who has the right mix of enthusiasm and drive to move our business forward.
If you have a Zeal for the online world just like us, we’d like you to apply! Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself.
Recruitment agencies – sorry, but we currently do not require your assistance. Thanks anyway!