This position has been filled. Thank you to all applicants who expressed interest!
Zeal is a digital agency passionate about helping businesses get the most out of the Internet. Our specialist knowledge lies across the spectrum of online channels – including search optimisation (paid and organic), content marketing, organic promotion, affiliate management, social media, PR and web design and development.
Our ethos is to be entrepreneurial, passionate about what we do and hard working. It’s important that all members of our team share these traits so we can deliver our clients a distinctive and refreshing agency offering.
There is now a fantastic opportunity for someone to join Team Zeal as a Developer. The role will involve:
- Developing PHP-driven websites – whether building from scratch or optimising/re-vamping existing client solutions. These will vary in scale, complexity and purpose: from standalone HTML sites, to e-commerce solutions targeting a global audience.
- Growing clients’ Magento websites. This will involve driving the development of new features, promotions, frontend theming and backend modules – from both a planning and build perspective. It will require direct client communication and account management.
- Basic web server maintenance, backups and database management.
- Supporting Zeal’s internal operations, such as the website, email and I.T.
The candidate right for Zeal will have an impressive skill set when it comes to web development. Things we need our web developer to know include:
- Magento. From basic setup and configuration, to building frontend responsive themes and small custom modules to extend Magento functionality.
- HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- PHP 5+ & MySQL
- Version control (GIT)
- In-depth understanding of front-end practices including mobile-first, responsive web design and BEM methodologies
- A working knowledge of design packages such as Photoshop
- Excellent understanding of I.T. in general
- Appreciation of UX and accessibility
- Have a good understanding of online marketing overall from both a creative and strategic perspective.
- Be able to think commercially and offer excellent service to Zeal’s clients
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make a large impact – both on the company and their own career. Zeal is a rapidly expanding agency, and so it’s essential to find someone who has the right mix of enthusiasm and drive to move our business forward.
If you have a Zeal for the online world just like us, we’d like you to apply!
Email us your CV and covering letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Note to agencies: Thanks, but we’re not currently looking for any assistance with recruiting for this role.