This position has been filled. Thank you to all applicants who expressed interest!
Zeal is a digital agency passionate about helping businesses get the most out of the Internet. Our specialist knowledge lies across the spectrum of online channels – including search optimisation (paid and organic), content marketing, organic promotion, affiliate management, social media, PR and design and development.
Our ethos is to be entrepreneurial, passionate about what we do and hard working. It’s important that all members of our team share these traits so we can deliver our clients a distinctive and refreshing agency offering.
There is now a fantastic new opportunity for a Web Design Apprentice to join the Zeal team. We are looking for a charismatic person who has a passion for all-things-Internet and is ambitious to learn and develop a career within the sector.
The candidate right for Zeal will have:
- A great attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (further skills can be learned in the role)
- Excellent time management skills
- A base understanding of HTML and CSS and how this affects design
- The motivation to continually learn and improve
- The ability to work independently and in partnership with the team
- An excellent eye for design and some knowledge of design basics including; grid systems, typography, colour theory and visual hierarchy
- Some experience designing websites
- A base understanding of responsive web design
The position will include:
- Working with members of the team to design and produce assets to support our online marketing offering for clients – such as display banners, email creative, blog graphics etc
- Further learning the foundations of good design and keeping up to date with the latest web design technologies
- Provide support to the design team in the form of helping create responsive website mockups, mood boards and creative ideas
- Over time become a key member of the team who can design websites ready for development
Zeal run the apprenticeship scheme through Leeds City College as part of the National Apprenticeship Service. For more information on what are apprenticeships, please visit: http://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships/how-to-become-an-apprentice/
A one-year Apprenticeship with Zeal is a unique opportunity to make a large impact – both on your own career and the company. You will be gaining valuable skills, knowledge and experience all geared towards launching a career within the Digital sector. Our main requirement is to find someone with a good mix of enthusiasm and drive to want to get the most out of their Apprenticeship.
If you think you might have a Zeal for design just like us, we’d like you to apply! Email us your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Note to agencies: Thanks, but we’re not currently looking for any assistance with recruiting for this role.