This position has been filled. Thank you to all applicants who expressed interest!
Zeal is a full service digital and creative agency with offices in London and Leeds. It’s our job to help brands and companies flourish. We create websites that are beautiful and hardworking. Spark interest and conversation with captivating content both online and offline. Raise profiles, generate traffic and give brands a voice.
Our ethos is to be entrepreneurial, passionate about what we do and hard working. It’s important that all members of our team share these traits so we can deliver our clients a distinctive and refreshing agency offering.
Why We’re Awesome
Working at Zeal is far from a one-way street. With hard work, comes reward. We have got to where we are today because we work as a team. If you are a part of the team, you will be treated as such.
From our highly competitive monthly pub quiz leaderboards to bungee jumping and skiing in the French Alps, the list could go on. Great experiences and new encounters are all part of keeping our approach to work fresh and exciting.
There is never a dull day at Zeal. Search #LifeAtZeal for a taste of life at the best agency around.
Junior Developer Wanted!
The great news is that we’re expanding our team! We’re on the lookout for a charismatic, hard-working individual to join our Leeds office as a Junior Developer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for that special someone who has a passion for all-things-Internet, and is looking to further their development skills and develop a career within the sector.
As a Junior Developer you will help out with 1st line support for a large global ecommerce platform, providing responses to, and carrying out requests that come through the support portal, as well as assisting the wider development team. This role is well-suited someone who has recently completed their degree in an IT related discipline, or who has 1-2 years of commercial experience and some exposure to web development.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Taking ownership of support requests within our online support portal, communicating with the client and seeing requests through to completion, and escalating where required
- Carrying out content management, configuration, and front-end template changes on the platform as required
- Assisting the wider development team with various tasks on a range of projects
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Experience working with content management systems, experience working with Magento is especially desirable
- A basic understanding of and experience using PHP
- Excellent self-management practices with a meticulous attention to detail
- Personable and comfortable liaising with clients and users of varying skill level
- Understanding of modern front-end development practices and responsive design
- Understanding of version control is a bonus
- Passionate about learning new skills, new technologies, and furthering their own knowledge
Still with us? Great stuff – if this position sounds right for you, simply send your CV, examples of previous work and a covering letter over to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a match, we’ll snap you up before you can say ‘404’.
To recruiters: please note, we are not looking for assistance in finding candidates for this role. Thanks anyway!