We are no longer hiring for this position, thank you for your interest!
Hi, we’re Zeal!
We’re on the lookout for a charismatic, hard-working person to join our Leeds office as our next Web Designer. It’s a great opportunity for a determined somebody who has a passion for all things web, advertising, and creative artworking in general.
Zeal is a full service creative and digital agency. It’s our job to help brands and companies flourish. Spark interest and conversation with captivating content both online and offline. Raise profiles, generate traffic and give brands a voice.
Our ethos is to be entrepreneurial, passionate about what we do and hardworking. It’s important that all members of our team share these traits so we can deliver our clients a distinctive and refreshing offering.
Why We’re Awesome
Working at Zeal is far from a one-way street. With challenging work comes reward. We have got to where we are today because we work together.
If you make a pro-active effort to look after Zeal, then we promise to look after you. Regular social outings, generous budgets for training and skills growth, Beer o’clock Fridays, skiing the French Alps – the list goes on.
Great experiences and new encounters are all part of keeping our approach to work fresh and exciting. There is never a dull day at Zeal.
Check out #LifeAtZeal on social for a taste of life at the best agency around.
As a key member within our Creative team, you’ll be instrumental in delivering our web design proposition to clients and getting stuck in with the wider output of the team. This will involve:
- Producing high quality UX solutions through competitor analysis, wireframes, user journeys, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Interpreting data and qualitative feedback to optimise websites and increase conversion rates.
- Working closely with the team in driving and delivering a wide range of creative services for clients.
- Being involved with the design of brand identities, advertising campaigns, print, and all things creative.
- Working with our Head of Creative and Head of Development to push the boundaries and find new approaches to challenges on the web.
- Working with the wider agency team to ensure a collaborative and best practice full-service offering.
- The creation of graphics for websites, social media, and email campaigns as well as offline print material.
- Being involved in ideation and creative concepting for our creative advertising proposition.
- A creative thinker and problem solver. We love to push what we do and challenge preconceptions of clients to solve problems in new ways.
- An understanding of the limitations and possibilities with web platforms of today.
- An ability to work independently and in partnership with the team. We’re a close-knit group who need to juggle a lot and manage our time well.
- An understanding that a solution must work, not just look great. We care about our clients’ consumers, the right person for us will get stuck into the why, not just the what.
- A passion for design that goes beyond one discipline.
- Previous professional design experience, whether that’s a year or two in an agency, an internship, or freelance experience.
- Confidence, ability to connect with people, and be a team player.
- A constant desire to learn & undertake new challenges.
- A portfolio that shows you aren’t a one trick pony and can back up your work with solid rationale.
- A passion to learn new skills, new technologies, and furthering your own knowledge.
Good to hear! This is a great role with a lot of opportunity and potential for growth. If you’d like to be considered for the role, send us your CV along with a covering letter and links to any portfolio work you have. Hope to hear from you soon!
** Note to recruiters: we’re not looking for help in fulfilling this role. Thanks though! **