This position has been filled. Thank you to all applicants who expressed interest!
Zeal is a pretty unique digital and creative agency. It’s our job to help brands and companies flourish. We create websites that are beautiful and hardworking. Spark interest and conversation with captivating content both online and offline. Raise profiles, generate traffic and give brands a voice.
Our ethos is to be entrepreneurial, passionate about what we do and hard working. It’s important that all members of our team share these traits so we can deliver our clients a distinctive and refreshing agency offering.
Why We’re Awesome
Working at Zeal is far from a one-way street. With hard work, comes reward. We have got to where we are today because we work as a team. If you are a part of the team, you will be treated as such.
From our highly competitive monthly pub quiz leader boards to bungee jumping and skiing in the French Alps, the list could go on. Great experiences and new encounters are all part of keeping our approach to work fresh and exciting.
There is never a dull day at Zeal. Search #LifeAtZeal for a taste of life at the best agency around.
Frontend Developer Wanted!
The great news is that we’re expanding our team! We’re on the lookout for a charismatic, hard-working individual to join our Leeds office as a Frontend Developer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for that special someone who has a passion for turning designs into meticulously crafted, performance-driven interactions, and is looking to further their development career within the sector.
As a Frontend Developer you will join one of our development squads working alongside a senior and junior developer on a range of front-end tasks as well as working as part of the wider development team on larger projects. This role is well suited to someone who keeps up to date with front-end technologies, has a keen interest in UX and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment within a talented and driven team.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Taking ownership of your assigned development tasks and seeing them through to completion
- Accurately scoping development tasks
- Communicating with your squad, project manager and head of development, and escalating issues where required
- Working with the senior members of both the development and creative teams to ensure our frontend output is of the highest quality
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Grunt, Gulp, Webpack
- Knowledge of REST/GraphQL
- Understanding of modern front-end development practices, responsive design, design systems and component-based development
- An understanding of and experience using PHP
- Experience with BEM and/or other component-driven CSS methodologies
- Experience working with Magento 2 / WordPress
- Excellent self-management practices with a meticulous attention to detail
- Personable and comfortable liaising with clients and users of varying skill level
- Version control
- Passionate about learning new skills, new technologies, and furthering their own knowledge