This position has been filled. Thank you to all applicants who expressed interest!
Zeal is a pretty unique digital and creative agency. It’s our job to help brands and companies flourish. We create digital products that are beautiful and hardworking. Spark interest and conversation with captivating content both online and offline. Raise profiles, generate traffic and give brands a voice.
Our ethos is to be entrepreneurial, passionate about what we do and hard working. It’s important that all members of our team share these traits so we can deliver our clients a distinctive and refreshing agency offering.
Why We’re Awesome
Working at Zeal is far from a one-way street. With hard work, comes reward. We have got to where we are today because we work as a team. If you are a part of the team, you will be treated as such.
From our highly competitive monthly pub quiz leader boards to bungee jumping and skiing in the French Alps, the list could go on. Great experiences and new encounters are all part of keeping our approach to work fresh and exciting.
There is never a dull day at Zeal. Search #LifeAtZeal for a taste of life at the best agency around.
Full Stack React/Node JS Developer Wanted!
The good news is that we’re expanding our team! We’re on the lookout for a hard-working individual to join our Leeds office as a Full Stack React/Node JS Developer.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step up in their career as a developer. We’re looking for a highly skilled individual who will be working on a range of projects and helping us evolve our development offering. It will also involve scoping development work, plus taking ownership of projects as the technical lead and communicating with clients as well as other team members.
We know Full Stack Developers come with a variety of different skill sets. Here’s our wish list – we’d love to hear from you if you’re able to tick a good number of these boxes!
- In-depth understanding of responsive frontend frameworks, modern responsive development practices (GIT-based version control, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack), and component driven architecture.
- Familiarity with a range of frameworks and libraries, e.g. Express, Loopback.
- Ability to set up full local development environments: framework and package installation, set up of build tools, database configuration, virtualisation, Docker.
- Good working knowledge of servers and supporting infrastructure, including web services such as nginx, MySQL, caching services (e.g. Redis, Memcached), CDNs, AWS and/or other cloud platforms.
- A proven track record in full end-to-end web and/or mobile application development, testing and deployment.
- Excellent self-management practices and meticulous attention to detail.
- A ZEAL for development! Continuously striving to keep up-to-speed with the latest technologies out there.