Great News! We’re expanding our team and looking for a talented Web Developer to join us in the Leeds office.
Zeal is a full service digital and creative agency. It’s our job to help brands and companies flourish. Spark interest and conversation with captivating content both online and offline. Raise profiles, generate traffic and give brands a voice.
Our ethos is to be entrepreneurial, passionate about what we do and hardworking. Working at Zeal is far from a one-way street. With challenging work comes reward. We have got to where we are today because we work together.
If you make a pro-active effort to look after Zeal, then we promise to look after you. Regular social outings, generous budgets for training and skills growth, Beer o’clock Fridays, skiing the French Alps – the list goes on. Great experiences and new encounters are all part of keeping our approach to work fresh and exciting. There is never a dull day at Zeal.
- Undertake a range of development projects both independently and as part of a team. These will vary in size, scope and complexity
- Development of complete responsive website solutions on platforms such as Magento and WordPress.
- Performing a wide variety of retainer/”post-launch” tasks within the development team and seeing them through to completion, including CMS changes, frontend/backend code development and investigation
- Taking full ownership and management of your own workload: independently seeking, actioning and reporting on tasks, making full use of Zeal’s workload management tools
- Communicating effectively with the development team and Project Managers regarding workload progress, escalating issues where required
- Communicating and liaising professionally with clients where required
- Accurately scoping proposed work and performing QA/code reviews on your team’s work
- Assisting senior members of the development team to enhance our offering: suggesting improvements or replacements for frameworks/platforms that we use
- Good understanding and application of responsive frontend frameworks, responsive design, development practices (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack), component driven architecture and underlying technologies that drive frameworks/libraries such as SASS, React, Vue
- Being pro-active in continually developing skillset and industry knowledge, sharing learnings and experience with the team where possible
- Helping to train and develop the skillset/experience of Junior Developers within the team
- Evangelise the “pillars of Zeal” and contribute in your own way to #LifeAtZeal
What We’re Looking For
- Commercial experience developing WordPress websites (Magento 2 experience = even better!)
- Proven track record in full end-to-end development of web projects (including initial scoping, requirements collation, planning, execution, testing and delivery).
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and written
- Excellent self-management practices with a meticulous attention to detail
In return, we offer great benefits, including flexible core working hours, pension scheme, regular socials and company trips, charity work involvement, The Zeal Bucket list, and much more.
We’re offering a huge opportunity for the right person to make a significant impact both on their own career and on Zeal too. With that in mind, it’s massively important for us to find someone who has the right mix of enthusiasm and know-how to help drive us forward.
If you have a Zeal for the online world like us, we’d like you to apply! Simply send over your CV with a covering letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for us and this role.