We’re on the hunt for a talented Shopify Developer to join our pretty incredible Technology team.
This role offers hybrid working arrangements, allowing you to work from our central Leeds office and from home (within flexible hours).
- Developing on a wide variety of projects and seeing them through to completion – these will vary in size, scope, and complexity, from content management system changes, front and backend code development, scoping and investigation work.
- Taking full ownership and management of your own workload, independently seeking, actioning, and reporting on tasks, making full use of Zeal’s workload management tools.
- Communicating effectively with the development team and Project Managers regarding workload progress, escalating issues where required.
- Accurately scoping proposed work, performing quality assurance, and assisting with code reviews on your team’s work.
- Taking a lead role in the ownership of mid-sized projects: including planning, execution, quality assurance, and post-launch support.
- Development of complete responsive website solutions on platforms such as Shopify.
- Being pro-active in continually developing skillset and industry knowledge, sharing learnings and experience with the team where possible.
We’re looking for a Developer who wants to be part of a collaborative team and get stuck in with both producing great work and enhancing our offering to clients. We’re looking for:
- Experience in Shopify development
- Strong understanding of Shopify API, CLI, and Liquid templating language
- Experience with Git and continuous development practices
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Proven track record in full end-to-end development of web projects (including initial scoping, requirements collation, planning, execution, testing and delivery).
- Experience using PHP-based Content Management Systems (WordPress) would be advantageous
- Previous experience using Typescript would be advantageous