We’re on the hunt for our next talented Full Stack PHP Developer to join our pretty incredible Development Team.
This role offers hybrid working arrangements, allowing you to work from our central Leeds office and from home (within flexible hours).
- Developing on a wide variety of tasks within the development team and seeing them through to completion – these will vary in size, scope, and complexity, including content management system changes, front and backend code development, scoping and investigation work.
- Taking full ownership and management of your own workload, independently seeking, actioning, and reporting on tasks, making full use of Zeal’s workload management tools.
- Communicating effectively with the development team and Project Managers regarding workload progress, escalating issues where required.
- Accurately scoping proposed work, performing quality assurance, and assisting with code reviews on your team’s work.
- Taking a lead role in the ownership of mid-sized projects: including planning, execution, quality assurance, and post-launch support.
- Development of complete responsive website solutions on platforms such as Magento 2 and WordPress.
- Being pro-active in continually developing skillset and industry knowledge, sharing learnings and experience with the team where possible.
We’re looking for a Developer who wants to be part of a collaborate team and get stuck in with both producing great work and enhancing our offering to clients. We’re looking for:
- Good working knowledge of PHP and PHP-based systems and frameworks.
- Experience using a range of PHP-based Content Management Systems, i.e., WordPress.
- Strong understanding of modern frontend development practices, responsive design, and component driven design and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of APIs (RESTful, etc) and API-driven development.
- Basic understanding of containerised development environments, pipelines, and CI/CD.
- Good working knowledge of version control systems, i.e., Git.
- Proven track record in full end-to-end development of web projects (including initial scoping, requirements collation, planning, execution, testing and delivery).
- Excellent work ethic and self-management practices.
- Excellent communication skills – both face-to-face and written.
- Excellent self-management practices with a meticulous attention to detail.
To apply send your CV & a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org