We’re on the hunt for a talented PHP Developer to join our pretty incredible Development Team.
This role offers hybrid working arrangements, allowing you to work from our central Leeds office and from home (within flexible hours).
- Developing on a wide variety of projects within the development team and seeing them through to completion – these will vary in size, scope, and complexity, with the majority focussed on native app development.
- Taking full ownership and management of your own workload, independently seeking, actioning, and reporting on tasks, making full use of Zeal’s workload management tools.
- Communicating effectively with the development team and Project Managers regarding workload progress, escalating issues where required.
- Accurately scoping proposed work, performing quality assurance, and assisting with code reviews on your team’s work.
- Taking a lead role in the ownership of mid-sized projects: including planning, execution, quality assurance, and post-launch support.
- Development of a range of solutions utilising PHP-based frameworks such as Laravel.
- Being pro-active in continually developing skillset and industry knowledge, sharing learnings and experience with the team where possible.
We’re looking for a Developer who wants to be part of a collaborate team and get stuck in with both producing great work and enhancing our offering to clients.
We’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and PHP-based systems and frameworks
- Must have experience with Laravel
- Strong working knowledge of APIs (RESTful, GraphQL, etc) and API-driven development
- Experience with e-commerce systems
- Experience with WordPress a bonus
- In-depth understanding of responsive frontend frameworks, modern responsive development practices (GIT-based version control, Grunt, Webpack), and component driven architecture
- Strong understanding of containerised development environments, pipelines, and CI/CD
- Familiarity with a range of frameworks and libraries, e.g. Next.js, React
- Ability to set up full local development environments: framework and package installation, set up of build tools, database configuration, virtualisation, Docker
- Good working knowledge of servers and supporting infrastructure, including web services such as Apache, Nginx, MySQL, caching services (Redis, Memcached, etc), CDNs, et al. A proven track record in full end-to-end web application development, testing and deployment
- Excellent self-management practices and meticulous attention to detail
- A ZEAL for development! Continuously striving to keep up-to-speed with the latest technologies out there
To apply send your CV & a covering letter to email@example.com
Why work at Zeal?
Check out our Careers page and search for #LifeAtZeal on the usual social channels to see what we’re all about!Life at Zeal